Gems are a rarity in DragonVale, that can be used to purchase Dragons and other items.
Tips for Earning Gems
- Most efficient way to earn gems is to give gems to your GameCenter friends and make a list of people who have sent you gems. Then, pay them back in the order they sent you gems. This way, your friends will be assured that you always pay you gems back and possibly send gems to you daily.
- Save them up!!! Like what it says on the Tips for Earning DragonCash, have a "Saving Week". An average player can earn about thirty gems in a week. Keep saving those gems up until you have a satisfied amount of gems that you want.
- Buying more expensive gem things first then buying cheaper gem things seems to make things easier.
- Buy the Dragonsai Gifting Tree. Sending more gems to your friends is sure to bring more gems back to you! Yet saving up 100 gems to buy this tree is quite a challenge.
- Another brilliant way to earn gems is by entering your dragons in the colosseum. This helps as if you manage to get a gold medal you will get five gems, some money and some experience. If you get a silver medal you will get two gems, some money and some experience. If you get a bronze medal you will get some money and experience.
- Giving gems to lower leveled people bring more gems because they are new and haven't got enough friends to give gems to. Perhaps they will eventually send gems back to you daily?!
- Get Gemstone Dragons. They earn gems in the Gemstone Island. See the Gemstone Dragon page for more information.